OUR SUMMARY (So you don’t have to read the whole legal document…unless you want to!)
- PIXTER Studio respects your ownership rights to your uploaded photos/images. We only use your photos/images to create custom prints for you.
- PIXTER Studio respects copyright laws and so should you. By uploading a photo/image you agree that the image is yours or that you have permission/rights from the owner(s) to print this image. It is impossible for us to check the ownership of each photo/image, so the liability to obey the law rests with you. Please don’t steal other peoples work!
- You are agree to indemnify and save harmless PIXTER from any third party claims regarding the usage of your photos/image.
- As title passes upon the purchased items , goods, leaving possession of PIXTER, you incur all transportation risks and delays.
FULL LEGAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
These Standard Terms and Conditions of Sale (“Terms”) shall govern the sale by PIXTER Studio of all goods and/or services as well as all subsequent transactions between PIXTER Studio and the purchaser (“Purchaser”). Purchaser acknowledges and agrees that these Terms shall constitute part of any final contract of sale (“Sales Agreement”) that may be entered into between Purchaser and PIXTER Studio. In the event of any inconsistency between the terms and conditions contained in any other document and these Terms, these Terms shall prevail unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by PIXTER Studio or its duly authorized representative. PIXTER Studio shall not be bound by any terms and conditions affixed to Purchaser’s purchase order or other procurement documents that are in addition to or inconsistent with these Terms. Neither commencement of performance nor delivery by PIXTER Studio shall be deemed or constituted as acceptance of Purchaser’s additional or conflicting terms and conditions. Terms are subject to change at PIXTER Studio’s sole discretion at any time.
2. SUBJECT OF AGREEMENT.
- The subject of this Agreement is the production of prints of images submitted by Client to PIXTER Studio via an online interface and the printing thereof by PIXTER Studio and subsequent shipment of finished prints to the Client.
- PIXTER Studio is entitled and reserves the right to have all or part of the Service performed by third parties.
3. Quotations & Orders
- Unless otherwise specified in writing in the attached document, all written quotations shall be intended for reference purposes only, constituting neither an offer to sell nor imposing any obligations or liability on PIXTER Studio. All written quotations and offers to sell automatically expire ten (10) days from the date quoted unless otherwise specified in the attached documentation. For greater certainty, all offers to sell are offers by PIXTER Studio to sell to Purchaser on the terms set forth herein.
- Unless otherwise expressly agreed upon in writing by PIXTER Studio, any figures, measurements, dimensions, performance values, samples, patterns, statements, technical provisions or specifications, catalogues, brochures, depictions, photographs, images, models, designs, drawings, promotional materials in print or electronic format or other descriptive specifications relating to PIXTER Studio’s quotation or offer to sell (“Specifications”) are approximations only and shall not be deemed to form part of any contract or be treated as constituting any representation, warranty or condition in relation to the goods or services. PIXTER Studio reserves the right to modify these Specifications at any time prior to the execution of any Sales Agreement between Purchaser and PIXTER Studio.
- Any deviations between the goods supplied and any offers, samples, trial products and pre-deliveries are permitted in accordance with technical norms and within standard industry variances and tolerances.
- No order placed by Purchaser shall be deemed to be accepted by PIXTER Studio unless and until confirmed in writing by PIXTER Studio or its duly authorized representative or until performed by PIXTER Studio. PIXTER Studio reserves the right to accept or decline any order in whole or in part within thirty (30) days after receipt of Purchaser’s order, during which time the order may only be cancelled, rescheduled or modified by Purchaser with the prior written consent of PIXTER Studio or its duly authorized representative. For greater certainty, subsequent requirements of Purchaser for goods not contained in an original offer to sell or Purchaser’s order must be accepted and confirmed in writing by PIXTER Studio or its duly authorized representative.
4. Price & Terms of Payment
- The price for all goods and services shall be expressly set out in the Sales Agreement, delivered in the form of a shopping cart checkout on www.PIXTER Studio.ca. Where no price has been specified, the price shall be based on PIXTER Studio’s pricing listed on the homepage of PIXTER Studio (www.pixer.ca) on the date that the Sales Agreement was executed by the Purchaser. PIXTER Studio reserves the right, by giving notice to Purchaser at any time, to increase the price of goods and services to cover: (i) foreign exchange fluctuation and increases in the costs of labour, materials and manufacturing; and (ii) any delay or change in delivery dates, quantities or specification of goods and services occasioned or requested by Purchaser.
- Unless otherwise stated in writing by PIXTER Studio, the price of goods shall be EX Works (Incoterms 2000) and shall be exclusive of any retail sales tax. The price shall be exclusive of shipping charges, insurance, applicable sale, use or other taxes payable to any governmental authority, (installation, assembly and commissioning charges, as well as any other ancillary costs in respect of which PIXTER Studio shall be entitled to make additional charges (“Additional Costs”).
- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, PIXTER Studio’s invoices shall due for payment immediately and shipments shall only be made against advance payment. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by PIXTER Studio, all payments shall be in Canadian Funds and must be made directly to PIXTER Studio in accordance with the payment options described on PIXTER Studio’s website. Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, Purchaser shall not have any right of deduction or set-off. Objections to PIXTER Studio’s accounting, account statements, account reconciliations, etc. must be received in writing by PIXTER Studio within a period of four (4) weeks from the date of the invoice or other applicable. In the event that Purchaser fails to provide a timely objection notice to PIXTER Studio, the terms of the invoice or other document shall be deemed to have been irrevocably accepted by Purchaser. Notwithstanding the foregoing, PIXTER Studio reserves the right to correct, at any time, any invoicing errors, including calculation errors, which may arise from time to time.
5. Delivery of Goods and Performance of Services
- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, PIXTER Studio shall deliver goods EX Works (Incoterms 2000) at any time after PIXTER Studio has notified Purchaser that goods are ready for delivery by means of an order confirmation notice. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a maximum delivery period of two (2) weeks applies from the conclusion of the Sales Agreement. PIXTER Studio shall make selection of the carrier and route of delivery. Delivery of goods to a common carrier or a registered courier shall constitute delivery to Purchaser and risk of loss shall thereupon pass to Purchaser. In no event shall PIXTER Studio have any liability in connection with shipment, nor shall the carrier be deemed to be an agent of PIXTER Studio. Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, if the shipment or receipt of goods is delayed for reasons beyond the responsibility of PIXTER Studio, risk of loss shall pass to Purchaser upon receipt of an order confirmation notice or other similar document from PIXTER Studio.
- PIXTER Studio will use commercially reasonable efforts to deliver goods in the shortest time possible. However, specific dates and times will not be guaranteed.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing by the parties, PIXTER Studio reserves the right to deliver goods in installments and/or perform services in stages. Each delivery of goods shall be treated as a separate transaction and payment thereof shall be in proportion to the overall purchase price set out in the Sales Agreement. Delay or failure by PIXTER Studio to deliver an installment and/or perform a stage of service in accordance with these Terms shall not entitle Purchaser to repudiate or cancel the delivery of other installments or stages of goods under the Sales Agreement.
- Reminders and final deadlines must be communicated in writing.
- PIXTER Studio shall not be liable to Purchaser for any delay or failure to deliver goods and/or perform services including but not limited to any cause beyond PIXTER Studio’s reasonable control, including, without limitation, any Act of God, fire, casualty, flood, earthquake, war, strike, lockout, epidemic, illness or injury to workers, delayed or failed deliveries by subcontractors, power failure, damage or destruction of production facilities, riot, insurrection, transportation delays or defaults, delay in supply or shortages of fuel, components, raw materials or supplies, labour shortage, acts or omissions of third parties, action of any governmental authority, or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of PIXTER Studio (the “Force Majeure”). In such event, PIXTER Studio must promptly provide Purchaser with written notice of the Force Majeure. PIXTER Studio’s time for delivery and/or performance shall be extended for a period equal to the time lost by reasons of the Force Majeure without subjecting PIXTER Studio to any liability or penalty. If the Force Majeure event lasts longer than forty-five (45) calendar days, PIXTER Studio may immediately terminate all or part of the Sales Agreement, without incurring any liability or penalty, by providing written notice of such cancellation to Purchaser. Implied consent to this term and condition is implied upon entering into a purchase and sale agreement and such notice delivered to the purchaser can be made in the form of electronic mail.
- Should the contract become impossible to be complied with, the contract shall be deemed frustrated pursuant to the laws of Ontario with the Purchaser being liable for all work in progress charges and expenses.
- For greater certainty, PIXTER Studio shall not be liable for any damages, losses, costs or expenses (collectively, the Damage”) resulting from PIXTER Studio’s delay in delivery of goods and/or provision of services to Purchaser unless such Damage arises from the gross negligence of PIXTER Studio. Notwithstanding the foregoing, where the gross negligence of PIXTER Studio causes a delay in the delivery of the goods or provision of services, Purchaser’s sole remedy shall be the payment of compensation equal to half of a percent (0.5%) per week up to a maximum of five percent (5%) of the value of the portion of the delivery which cannot be used on time for its intended purpose as a result of the delay.
- Because of variations in equipment, paper, inks and other conditions, reasonable variations in color between the original submitted digital image and the print produced by PIXTER Studio must be expected. Prints delivered with variations of this kind shall be considered as acceptable performance.
- The transportation is soley at the risks of the buyer. Once the items leave PIXTER, they are deemed to be owned and delivered to the buyer who is responsible for all shipping costs, risk, insurance etc.
6. Inspection and Acceptance of Goods and Services
- Notwithstanding (i) payment, (ii) passage of title, or (iii) prior inspection or tests, all goods and services furnished under Sales Agreement shall be subject to Purchaser’s right of inspection and acceptance upon delivery.
- Goods: Following delivery and within three (3) calendar days of receipt of goods by Purchaser, Purchaser shall provide PIXTER Studio with a written notice containing the full details of any alleged defect or non-conformity in goods (“Rejection Notice”). Purchaser may return rejected goods to PIXTER Studio at Purchaser’s risk and expense and in accordance with PIXTER Studio’s instructions. PIXTER Studio shall make the final determination as to whether its goods are defective or non-conforming. Purchaser’s exclusive remedy and PIXTER Studio’s entire liability to Purchaser in the event of a rejection shall be expressly limited to either the prompt replacement of the goods, the repair of any defect or non-conformity or, at PIXTER Studio’s option, the issuance of a credit or refund for the purchase price of the defective or non-conforming goods. Notwithstanding the foregoing, in the event that Purchaser fails to provide a timely Rejection Notice to PIXTER Studio, Purchaser will be deemed to have irrevocably accepted goods. Moreover, the use of any goods by Purchaser, its agents, employees or licensees, for any purpose after delivery thereof, shall constitute irrevocable acceptance of goods by Purchaser.
- Any delivery damages shall entitle the buyer to make claims against the transporter not PIXTER unless it is proven that the goods were defected prior to leaving possession of PIXTER. In such an event PIXTER , merely shall, to the best of their abilities, assist the Purchaser’s claim against the transporter.
Title to and ownership of all goods shall not pass to Purchaser until payment of the purchase price and any Additional Costs has been made in full to PIXTER Studio. Title shall be deemed to have pass the moment the goods left possession of PIXTER.
8. Content of the image files, damage of third party rights
- The Purchaser is solely responsible for the content of any submitted image files.
- The customer warrants, that he will not submit any image file that infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other intellectual or proprietary right of any party. The customer could be liable to pay substantial claims for indemnification by a third party for infringing copyright laws. The customer is liable for all consequences of violation of aforementioned rights and indemnifies PIXTER Studio from all liability.
- When executing a Purchase Agreement, the Purchaser is responsible for ensuring that all uploaded image files do not violate any law, especially laws related to child pornography. PIXTER Studio reserves the right to report any images that PIXTER Studio judges as potential violations of the law to the applicable authorities.
- PIXTER reserves the right at all times to refuse to work on any matter that involves criminal activities, or could possibly entail any civil liability. At such point PIXTER reserves the right to report any infractions to any authorities. At such a point the contract is deemed frustrated per clause 5.6 of this agreement.
9. Security Interest and Solvency
Purchaser represents and warrants to PIXTER Studio that Purchaser is solvent. PIXTER Studio retains a security interest in goods to secure payment of the purchase price and all other indebtedness and obligations that Purchaser now and in the future owes to PIXTER Studio. Purchaser shall take all actions that PIXTER Studio requests to perfect, and to obtain and maintain first priority of, that security interest, and Purchaser shall pay, or reimburse PIXTER Studio for, all fees, taxes and other costs that are incurred in connection with those actions. To the extent permitted by law, Purchaser waives requirement of being provided with a copy of any financing or verification statement or renewal thereof.
In the event that the Purchaser were to make an assignment of bankruptcy, or a consumer proposal, the entire agreement is null and void. However, the Purchaser remains liable for any work in progress charges and expenses.
10. Changes and Cancellation
- No Sales Agreement which has been executed by PIXTER Studio may be cancelled or amended by Purchaser except with the approval in writing of PIXTER Studio and on terms that Purchaser shall indemnify PIXTER Studio in full and on demand against all loss (including loss of profit), costs (including the cost of all labour and materials used, as well as accounting, legal and clerical costs), damages, charges and expenses incurred by PIXTER Studio as a result of the cancellation or change.
- There is no right to cancel an executed Sales Agreement in which goods were custom produced as per the customer’s specification, or were clearly designed for the customer’s personal need.
11. Limited Warranty
- Except as otherwise specified herein, PIXTER Studio warrants that: (i) all goods and services purchased hereunder are free from defects in material and workmanship and conform to the requirements of Sales Agreement; (ii) PIXTER Studio has good title to goods and the right to sell them to Purchaser; and (iii) goods and services shall conform to the written Specifications, if any, described in the Sales Agreement.
- Unless otherwise agreed upon in writing, the warranty period for all goods delivered by PIXTER Studio will expire three (3) calendar days after the date of the delivery of goods to the Purchaser (the “Warranty Period”). If Purchaser believes that the goods and/or services are defective or deficient, Purchaser shall provide PIXTER Studio with a written notice by letter, fax or e-mail, containing the full details of the alleged defect or deficiency and setting out the date of the order confirmation, the delivery confirmation or the invoice (the “Rejection Notice”). At PIXTER Studio’s direction, Purchaser shall return the defective or deficient goods to PIXTER Studio at Purchaser’s risk and expense and in accordance with PIXTER Studio’s return policy in effect from time to time, failing which any and all warranty obligation on PIXTER Studio’s part shall become void. PIXTER Studio shall promptly investigate such claimed breach and shall, at its sole discretion and within thirty (30) days of the date of the Rejection Notice either: (i) provide information to Purchaser confirming that no breach of warranty has in fact occurred; or (ii) advise Purchaser of PIXTER Studio’s planned corrective action. If PIXTER Studio determines that the Rejection Notice was given without cause, Purchaser shall reimburse PIXTER Studio for all applicable costs and expenses thereby occasioned to PIXTER Studio. If a breach of warranty has in fact occurred, PIXTER Studio shall, at its sole discretion, promptly: (i) repair or replace the defective goods at no additional cost to Purchaser; (ii) issue credit or refund amounts paid by Purchaser related to the portion of goods and/or services in breach of warranty; or (iii) unless the defect in question is a minor one, cancel the Sales Agreement. All costs incidental to repairing or replacing defective goods or correcting or re-performing the deficient services shall be borne by Purchaser and in no event shall PIXTER Studio be liable for such costs. All warranty repairs or replacements and any services that have been re-performed or corrected under warranty shall only be warranted for the balance of the original Warranty Period.
- Notwithstanding anything contained herein to the contrary, where PIXTER Studio is required to perform corrective work, PIXTER Studio’s warranty shall be limited to the goods actually delivered. PIXTER Studio shall only warrant the proper functionality of its products and components where the faulty functioning in question cannot be attributed to incorrect or incomplete information provided by Purchaser.
- Purchaser shall not be entitled to withhold payments on account of warranty claims or other counter-claims not recognized by PIXTER Studio.
- Warranty Exclusions: This warranty excludes normal wear and tear and ordinary deviations in size, weight or quality. This warranty also excludes coverage for used goods and seconds as well as goods not manufactured by PIXTER Studio or its affiliates. Repair or replacement of goods and/or re-performance or correction of services due to: (i) misuse or abuse; (ii) improper use or maintenance; (iii) failure to observe instructions contained in user/owner manuals; (iv) mishandling or testing by Purchaser, its affiliates and agents; (v) negligence; (vi) alterations, maintenance or repair work undertaken by Purchaser or third parties; (vii) excessive stress; (viii) accident; (ix) improper storage; (x) use of incompatible supplies or cleaning agents; (xi) an event of Force Majeure; (xii) chemical influences; (xiii) foreign object damage; or (xiv) damage in transit, are excluded from PIXTER Studio’s warranty obligations.
- The preceding paragraphs set forth the exclusive remedy for all claims based on failure of, or defect in, goods sold hereunder, whether the failure or defect arises before or during the warranty period, and whether a claim, however instituted, is based on contract, indemnity, warranty, tort (including negligence), strict liability or otherwise. Upon the expiration of the warranty period, all such liability shall terminate. Unless otherwise agreed in writing by PIXTER Studio, this warranty shall not be assigned to any third party. THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUSIVE AND IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER WRITTEN, ORAL, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY. NO IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE SHALL APPLY. PIXTER STUDIO DOES NOT WARRANT ANY GOODS OR SERVICES OF OTHERS, WHICH PURCHASER HAS DESIGNATED.
12. Limitations of Liability
- PIXTER STUDIO’S LIABILITY WITH RESPECT TO ALL CLAIMS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, INDEMNITY, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, FOR ALL LOSSES OR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF, CONNECTED WITH, OR RESULTING FROM THIS AGREEMENT, OR THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, OR FROM THE PERFORMANCE OR BREACH THEREOF, OR FROM ANY GOODS OR SERVICES COVERED BY OR FURNISHED UNDER THE AGREEMENT OR ANY EXTENSION OR EXPANSION THEREOF (INCLUDING REMEDIAL WARRANTY EFFORTS), SHALL IN NO CASE EXCEED THE PRICE ALLOCABLE TO THE SPECIFIC GOODS OR SERVICES THAT GIVES RISE TO THE CLAIM. ALL SUCH LIABILITY SHALL TERMINATE UPON THE EXPIRATION OF THE WARRANTY PERIOD SPECIFIED ABOVE.
- IN NO EVENT, WHETHER BASED ON CONTRACT, INDEMNITY, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, SHALL PIXTER STUDIO, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND AFFILIATES BE LIABLE FOR SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, LOSS OF PROFITS OR REVENUE, LOSS OF USE OF ANY PROPERTY, COST OF CAPITAL, COST OF PURCHASED POWER OR ENERGY, COST OF SUBSTITUTE EQUIPMENT, FACILITIES OR SERVICES, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION COSTS, DOWNTIME COSTS, INJURY TO PERSON OR PROPERTY OR DEATH, OR CLAIMS OF PURCHASERS OF PURCHASER FOR SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, AND PURCHASER WILL INDEMNIFY PIXTER STUDIO, ITS EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, SUPPLIERS AND AFFILIATES AGAINST ANY SUCH CLAIMS FROM PURCHASER’S PURCHASERS. IF PURCHASER RESELLS GOODS SOLD HEREUNDER TO ANY THIRD PARTY WHO IS NOT A CONSUMER OF PIXTER STUDIO’S GOODS, PURCHASER SHALL OBTAIN FROM SUCH THIRD PARTY A PROVISION AFFORDING PIXTER Studio AND ITS SUPPLIERS THE PROTECTION OF THE PRECEDING SENTENCE. Any action or suit by Purchaser against PIXTER Studio relating to the Sales Agreement of the goods and/or services covered hereby must be brought within one (1) year of the date of invoice for such goods or services. The parties hereto acknowledge and agree that this is a commercial transaction.
Purchaser shall indemnify, defend and hold harmless PIXTER Studio from and against all claims, demands, causes of action (including third-party claims), losses, damages, expenses (including consequential and incidental damages, court costs and attorney fees) and liabilities of every kind and nature that PIXTER Studio incurs as a result of Purchaser’s breach of any of Purchaser’s obligations under the Sales Agreement and/or these Terms.
14. Confidentiality/Intellectual Property
- Purchaser retains ownership of the Content and Images uploaded to PIXTER Studio. PIXTER Studio warrants that Content and Images will not be used for any purpose other than the creation of custom goods for the Purchaser without the direct consent of the Purchaser.
- All technical information and/or Specifications, etc. supplied by PIXTER Studio in connection herewith shall be treated as strictly confidential by Purchaser and must not be made available to any third party both prior to and after execution of Sales Agreement and delivery of goods and/or provision of services without the prior written consent of PIXTER Studio.
- PIXTER Studio expressly reserves all right, title and interest in any documents, Specifications, and other technical information provided to Purchaser in connection with Sales Agreement, quotation, offer to sell, installation, service, or repair of goods sold, and Purchaser shall return same to PIXTER Studio upon request.
- To the extent that goods are supplied in accordance with Purchaser’s Specifications or statements (collectively, the “Statements”), Purchaser represents and warrants that such Statements do not infringe any third party intellectual property rights. Purchaser agrees to indemnify PIXTER Studio in respect of any claim for intellectual property infringement by a third party resulting from the use of the Statements by PIXTER Studio.
Any notice, approval, consent, waiver, or other communication to be given hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to be given if delivered personally, or sent by registered mail in which case such notice, approval, consent, waiver or other communication shall be deemed to be received on the second business day following the mailing thereof by registered mail to:
1146 Westport Cres. Unit 2
and to Purchaser at such mailing address, telephone, facsimile, or email address provided by Purchaser.
These Terms and any document relating thereto have been prepared in the English language at the express request of the parties. Les parties exigent, et par les présentes confirment leur demande, que ce contrat et tous les documents y afférents soient rédigés en anglais seulement.
17. Entire Agreement
These Terms and any document relating thereto contain the entire agreement between Purchaser and PIXTER Studio and shall not be altered or amended except by written instrument signed by both parties.
18. Applicable Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any document relating thereto shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Province of Ontario and applicable federal laws of Canada, without reference to its choice of law rules and excluding the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods, and either party shall bring any action that arises out of or relates the Sales Agreement and/or these Terms in any court in Toronto, Ontario, that has jurisdiction over the subject matter.
These Terms and any document relating thereto shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the Province of Ontario and applicable federal laws of Canada, without reference to its choice of law rules and excluding the United Nations Convention on the International Sale of Goods, and either party shall bring any action that arises out of or relates the Sales Agreement and/or these Terms in any court in Mississauga, Ontario, or the nearest applicable court that has jurisdiction over the subject matter.